The Neely PTO
Who we are and what we do
Who We Are
Neely Traditional Academy is a special school and the PTO is part of that magic. We are responsible for raising the additional funds our school needs to accomplish its mission of ensuring every child has the opportunity to succeed.
The PTO’s main job is to create a community of families to support the school. Neely holds its students to a high standard and strives to bring out the best in everyone. We want all students to feel at home within that structure and for our teachers to have the time needed to teach well.
To accomplish this, we need the help of the students’ parents.
There are ways, both in and out of the classroom, on and off campus, during school and after for everyone to find a time and way to help.
The PTO is largely responsible for keeping the school’s technology up to date and we have been privileged to be able to meet many needs for our teachers, both small and large. Our funds come from the profits of events we host and from our community partners, like Fry’s and Amazon.
Some of the PTO’s responsibilities on campus include:
- Finding and Communicating with each teacher’s Room Parent as they are the main avenue for information about each classroom and the school.
- Preparation for, setup of, and cleanup of every social event that occurs after school hours, including:
- The HUGE Spring Carnival where we fill our school with rides and games, food, music, auctions, and most importantly, FUN!
- KNOs that host 300 students for a night of fun, movies, and pizza
- Evening of the Arts which includes a display of art from each and every student on campus, complete with a treasure hunt map
- Organizing volunteers to:
- Bake goods for bake sales
- Open ketchup packets and juice boxes for students at lunch
- Assist teachers with their classroom workload
- Spoil our teachers during Teacher Appreciation events
- Cut out and send in Box Tops for free money, and other similar projects
- Maintain and improve this website
- Organize the many events that bring money into the school from outside community partners, like Harkins, Skateland, and various restaurant nights.
The most important part of all of this is YOU! We offer a range of ways to help so you can pick what works best for your family.
Click below to see how you can help.
We are dedicated to keeping Neely an exceptional school, but we can’t do what we need to do without you! We need your time, your talent, and your support!
Some of our most important Site Links:
- Event Registration and Online Payment
- Account Creation
- Visit the Store for Neely Items
- Teacher Favorites – added as we receive them
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Classroom Resources, like AR, Spelling City, and a printable homework sheet for math – added as we receive them
- PTO Documents, including videos of most past meetings.