We added a cute bear because documents are boring and you deserve something fun if you have to look at them!
Because the list was getting so long, we have moved the Newsletter Archive to its own page. You can see all past Monthly Newsletters and Blog Post by visiting:
2017-2018 Goals and Earnings
- Grade Levels: We would like to give each grade level $1000 to spend on a special project of their choice. – DONE! The Teachers are so appreciative!
- Special Areas: We would like to give our Specials teachers (Art, Music, PE, and Library) a total of $1000 to supplement their supplies. – DONE! They are excited to start shopping!
- Other Departments: We would like to help our Resource teachers and other special area teachers with a gift as well. – DONE! Plans are being made for trainings and materials.
- What’s next? A few beautification projects and a chance to finally address some long running ideas!
How did we do?
- T-Shirt Sales: $2,671
- Bahama Bucks: $400
- Clothing Drive: $650
- Fall KNO: $3,537
- Costco Night: 82 reams of paper
- Red Robin: $285
- Box Tops $1,200
- Fall Picnic: $469
- PTO Membership: $990
- Chipotle: $478.53
- DQ Nights: $300 and counting
- Frys: $1899
- Harkins Cups: $340
- Mattress Auction: $600
- Tuft ‘n’ Needle Gives Back: $866
- Evening of the Arts: $1,182 (all of it goes to our specials teachers!)
- Sweetheart Dance: $2,589
- Spring Carnival: $8,970
- Harkins Summer Movies: $375
- Amazon Smile: $122
- Peter Piper Pizza Night: $175
- PogoPass: $65
- Clothing Drive: $793.85
- Skateland: $400
2018-2019 Goals and Earnings
What we earned last year:
- Peter Piper Pizza Teacher Reveal Night: $676
- PTO Membership: $1290
- T-Shirt Sales: $2193
- Bahama Bucks: $360
- Fall KNO: $2685
- Fry’s: $3107
- Amazon Smile: $171
- Shoparoo: $101
- Clothing Drive: $275
- Dairy Queen Restaurant Nights after Concerts: $575
- Chipotle Night: $343
- Harkins Loyalty Cups: $305
- Mother Son BBQ Night: $946
- Fresh Millions: $222
- Box Tops: $1122
- PogoPass: $60
- Read-A-Thon: $2800
- Evening of the Arts: $850 (designated for Art and Music)
- Donations: $92
- Sweetheart Dance: $2285
- Harkins Movies: $310
- Spring Carnival: $15,000
- Spring KNO: $1809
- Skateland: $500
What we did last year:
- Fixed the mister system including a new pump: $1600
- Back to School Supply Cards for Teachers: $2105
- Back to School Breakfasts: $300
- Conference Dinner and Lunch: $150
- New lunch buckets: $70
- Gift Cards for Teacher of the Month: $410
- Curriculum Night “Pick Me Ups” for Teachers: $62
- New Staff T-Shirts: $636
- Lunch and Dinner for the teachers during conferences: $150
- New Shed for Playground Equipment Storage: $750
- Final Projectors for all classrooms: $1599
- Planning software for 5th Grade: $15
- Projectors for all special areas: $2495
- New folding tables: $425
- Umbrellas to shade water fountains by ramadas: $2150
- PE Buckets and Supplies: $180
- Replace/repair cafeteria speakers: $168
- New Sound System for outdoor events: $2000
- Library Books and Supplies: $189
- Teacher of the Year Gifts: $600
- New Tables for Kinder: $450
- New Lecterns and Extension Cords for Teachers: $3700
- Neely 20th Anniversary Gifts: $2500
- Accelerated Reader: $11,090
- Chromebook Storage: $350
- Shed Storage Solutions: $250
- Clean Mister Heads: $250
What we wanted to do last year:
- Provide shade around more areas of campus using both structures and natural materials
- Areas we want to cover:
- Extend Drive Through Pick Up shade structure – not possible with fire code 🙁
- Cover Primary grade swing set with a structure – too expensive
- Cover the small playset with a structure and possibly extend the mister system to it – too expensive
- Cover the water fountains around campus with natural shade – DONE
- Add plants and other natural materials around campus to provide a beautiful and useful environment for student learning. – DONE
- Replace outdated/broken audio equipment. – DONE
2019-2020 Goals and Earnings (Incomplete)
What we have earned this year:
- Peter Piper Pizza Teacher Reveal Night: $524
- Amazon Smile: $45
- Fry’s: $1,502
- Bahama Bucks: $270
- SchoolKidz Kits: $524
- Tuft & Needle Rebate: $984
- ZinBurger: $600
- Chipotle: $359
- Pogo Pass: $160
- Harkins Cups: $304
- Shirt Sales: $2,130
- Fall KNO: $3,025
- Spooktacular: $705
- PTO Membership: $946
- General Donations: $160
- Donations for Teacher Meals: $290
What we have done this year:
FOR TEACHERS AND STAFF
- Back to School Gift Cards ($25-$50) for every teacher: $2,467
- Back to School Breakfast: $201
- Cooling towels to all staff members with outside duty: $224
- New speakers to work with laptops for teachers who either never received them or whose speakers were no longer working: $113
- Replace fanny packs for lunch aides to allow them to carry first aid materials: $54
- New markers and lunch/storage buckets: $117
- Curriculum Night Trail Mix Bar: $130
- PlanBook Software: $30
- 20th Anniversary Shirt for all staff: $473
- Teacher Conference Meals: $60
- Staff of the Month Gift Cards: $390
- October Treat for staff: $53
FOR THE SCHOOL
- Repaired the mister system: $75
- Names on every door: $169
- Special 20th Anniversary Lanyards and pins: $1,819
- 10 new lecterns to hold document cameras, laptops and more so teachers can be more effective in their technology use: $2,735
- 4 new tables for kindergarten to enhance small group instruction time: $825
- Boo-Hoo Breakfast: $64
- PTO Supplies (paper, office supplies, water coolers for events): $593
- Chromebook Storage: $678
- Evening of the Arts Banner: $164
- Website Costs: $79
What we want to do this year:
- Fill in some of the needs that teachers have
- Save for building/playground updates
- Pay for AR for the entire school
- Address shade and other comfort items for staff, students, and parents
If you purchased a t-shirt, thank you!
If you ordered a snow cone at Bahama Bucks, thank you!
If your kids came to KNO and you went on a date, thank you!
If you donated paper or supplies, thank you!
If you enjoyed one of our Restaurant Nights, thank you!
If you joined the PTO, thank you!
If you used the website to sign up for an event, thank you!
If you worked a table at an event, thank you!
If you signed up to be a Room Parent, thank you!
If you cleaned up after an event, thank you!
If you came to set up, thank you!
If you purchased that adorable framed art, thank you!
If you came to a PTO Meeting, thank you!