Wednesday, November 7, 2018
HOW TO HELP
- Volunteer to help set up the drop off zone, help Neely families drop off donations, sort and re-box or bag items as needed, help to load the bins to be weighed and transported to Sunshine Acres.
- If you aren’t able to work a full hour time slot but have a half hour, let us know so we can team you up with someone to fill the slot.
- Please dress for the weather and in comfortable clothes and shoes. We will be in the landscape (dirt, rocks) and street (on and off the curb).
- If you have time to volunteer and assist with this fundraiser on collection day (we especially could use a couple of strong parents while loading bins at the end of the day). Sign up here or call Susan Vail at 480-280-9918
Rule to remember: If it hasn’t been used or worn in 3 years, it probably won’t ever be.
- Bring your clothing items in plastic bags and bring in as many bags as you can.
- Please place books and household items in boxes.
- All donations go to Sunshine Acres Children’s Home!
Paper Drive, too!
Don’t carry it in – we will unload for you!
We will take your reams of paper and your cash to buy reams of paper right at the curb! No more loading up backpacks or hauling it into the office! Paper can also be donated in the office Monday-Wednesday.
3 Ways to Increase Donations for Our Clothing & Household Item Drive
Remember: The Neely family that brings in the greatest weight gets a $25 check from Sunshine Acres.
- Ask your neighbors, friends and family to clean out their households.
- Stop at garage/yard sales in your neighborhood. Let them know about our school fundraiser. Offer to come back when their sale is over and take any items that we can accept. Let them know you can provide them with a tax donation letter just like Goodwill can AND that all items will be going to help our school and Sunshine Acres Children’s Home.
- Watch Craigslist garage/yard sales, rummage and church/other organization sales. They usually post when the sale is over. Many post…”what’s left is at the curb, take what you want.” You may offer them a tax donation letter as well and let them know that the donations help both our school and Sunshine Acres Children’s Home.
Clothing (all types & sizes)
All clothing accessories including Shoes, Purses, Backpacks, Belts, Linens, Bedding, Curtains, Pillows, Towels, Hats, Fabric, Sheets, Blankets, Duffel Bags, Sports Bags, Luggage, Socks, cloth/fabric and Comforters.
Books of all types and sizes including magazines!
Jewelry, records, compact disks, video tapes, DVD’s, games, toys and small sports equipment, Housewares…dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps, small countertop appliances, collectibles, antiques, knickknacks and other giftware, hand tools, small power tools, stereos, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc. 18x18x18in or smaller.
NOTE: furniture, TVs, computers/printers, full size appliances or other large household items – they will take them but we don’t make money on them!