Details of the Read-A-Thon:
Kids read a LOT of books at Neely. We want to encourage them to keep up the good work over the holiday break.
Here is how it works:
Parents will track their child’s reading in minutes.
Kids will contact their friends and family and ask for a donation of any amount for each minute they read over break or for a one-time donation for completing any reading over break.
- Cash or check can be used for one-time donations.
- Parents can collect cash or check for “per minute” donations if they do the calculations manually (# of minutes read x $ donated per minute).
- Friends and family can use this website to document their “per minute” pledge or to send in a one-time donation and pay with a credit card.
- Parents will need to log the total number of minutes on the website during the week of January 7th for the credit card to be charged.
- Donations are due to school by January 14 at 4pm to be considered for the prize.
We keep 100% of the check/cash donations and 90% of credit card donations.
The other 10% is for admin fees from the Read-A-Thon site.
A couple of rules to keep things fair:
- All books must be previously unread by that child.
- We would prefer that the books be close to their AR level in difficulty to ensure their reading progress continues.
- Children who can read independently must read the books themselves. Kindergarten or other students who still need support can log minutes read with an adult’s help or read on their own.
Read 5 Hours (300 Minutes)
Read the Most Minutes in Your Grade
Raffle Entry for Reading More Than 5 Hours
Raise the Most Money by Reading
click to search for your personalized pledge Page
Print a Paper Reading Log