Wow. You want to help!
We can definitely use you!
I Can Help at Home
- Bake Sale
- Bundling Event Tickets
- Soliciting Donations
- Passive Fundraisers
I Can Help With Events
- Set Up
- Clean Up
- Extra Hands
I Can Help On Campus
- Make Copies
- Organize Supplies
- Man Sales Booths.
- Room Parent
- Lunch Bunch Helper
It’s a lot of fun, a minimal time commitment, and your children love seeing you on campus
Want to help starting the first weeks of school?
Lunch Bunch Helpers
Staffing the lunchroom is so important – students have about 20 minutes to eat their lunch. If we help Mr. Gift maintain the smooth flow and order that he creates, our students can more fully enjoy their lunch and social time together. Please consider helping!
Lunch Bunch is a group of parents who commit to helping in the cafeteria during lunch hour just one day per month (or as often as your schedule permits). There is no food prep/serving involved; just helping kids open juice boxes, getting them a napkin, smiling at them, and telling them not to forget their lunch boxes. ☺We are also happy to have help from grandparents!
For All-Day Kindergarten classes, we ask that you arrive in the lunchroom at 11:35 and help until the kids are dismissed for recess at 11:55. At that point, you are welcome to go outside with the kids to the playground until they go to class at 12:15. We need 1 – 2 parents each day dedicated to the ADK classes, especially the first month of school.
For Grades 1 – 6, we ask that you arrive in the lunchroom at 11:45 and help until 12:55. We need 1 – 2 parents each day to help with these grades. We ask that parents stay in the cafeteria for the entire time, helping each grade as they come to lunch.
I will do my best to create a calendar that works for everyone. The calendar will be emailed to you, along with a few other instructions. You will also get an email the week before your shift to remind you. I will be there the first few weeks as much as I can to help those of you that are new to the Lunch Bunch. Let me know if you have questions.
Neely Lunch Bunch Coordinator
What is it?
What are some of the responsibilities of a Room Parent? Here’s a quick overview:
- Arrange lunch time classroom parties (for holidays or special events) with the teacher
- Create a classroom phone list for parents to facilitate communication between classmates and parents (for play dates and birthday invites, etc.)
- Make sure PTO events are communicated to the parents
- Gather supplies and create a booth for the Spring Carnival (at least 2 booths per grade level)
- Take pictures and upload to the Pictavo app for the Yearbook committee and email Michelle Keil email@example.com OR Thu Lan Christensen firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Organize teacher appreciation gifts and/or thank you cards during Teacher Appreciation Week
- Any other special things you can think of for your child’s classroom and teacher!